www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Lawrence Rosen" <lro...@rosenlaw.com>
Subject RE: Proposal: Apache Third Party License Policy
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 03:44:25 GMT
Please don't insult, Brane. I'm not a troll. I am an elected member of Apache Software Foundation
and an experienced open source attorney. I'm not speaking for Apache, but I am speaking about
Apache. Nobody is required to agree with me.  But neither can YOU dictate a Third Party License
Policy that is unsuitable for MY Apache projects (whatever those may be). Somehow we need
to discuss Apache policy without personal attacks and learn to compromise based on logic.

If you don't like the GPL for some reason, then take that argument to YOUR Apache projects
and reach your own consensus. (Those who know me well realize that I'm not a GPL fan!) But
don't rely on the DRAFT Apache Third Party License Policy to prevent the rest of us from doing
what we find technically useful when our PMCs agree to it and we document it in our NOTICE
file.

Isn't that in accord with The Apache Way?

/Larry