www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Legal implications of how artefacts are named?
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 07:43:03 GMT
@1: We (the ASF) do own foo.org (I assume that is what you meant). I did a
little whois check. We're talking about ofbiz.org (or org.ofbiz) See:
http://www.whois.com/whois/ofbiz.org

@2: These are remnants from the pre-ASF era, I suspect as I wasn't around
that period or participating in the transition phase to have the poddling
become a TLP.

Quoting: From a brand perspective, org.apache.foo is very strongly
preferred.
I can imagine that, but even 'very strongly preferred' doesn't make it a
requirement, as it implies that not having it so is something that can be
lived with. Having it as a branding requirement has far greater
implications. I have emailed a question regarding this subject to the
office of ASF brand management.

But what is then - given the above - the answer to my question(s)?

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-