www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Sandro Boehme <sandro.boe...@gmx.de>
Subject Use of npm with the Artistic License 2.0
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 22:40:03 GMT
Hello,

regarding LEGAL-217 [1] I wonder when an npm user actually agrees to
distribute it's package under the npm license as well.
Looking at the documentation [2] a package developer only calls 'npm
publish' at his command line and it doesn't look like he agrees to let
the npm license apply to his work. Before he is able to do that he has
to add himself to as a user. I did that at the website and there I also
did not agree to let the npm license apply to work I could publish with
that account.
I think I should ask for clarification from the npm team by describing
my situation and ask them how they think their license should apply or not.

What do you think?

Best,

Sandro

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-217