www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: OpenOffice GPL FUD
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 18:47:37 GMT
+1

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: Jim Jagielski<mailto:jim@jaguNET.com>
Sent: ‎2/‎19/‎2015 10:33 AM
To: legal-discuss@apache.org<mailto:legal-discuss@apache.org>
Subject: Re: OpenOffice GPL FUD

I am not sure it actually reflects the view "of the project"
per se, but rather some outspoken individuals therein. That
conversation is happening on the AOO private list where I
wrote:

   If someone has a gripe to make, or an opinion, do it on your
   own blog. Don't usurp the AOO site to spread your own
   personal opinions or viewpoint.

   If you feel that is "sucking up" to the FSF, then, well,
   I feel sorry for you.

> On Feb 19, 2015, at 11:23 AM, Henri Yandell <bayard@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Next step to removing would be for the note on the ASF's views to be a) at the top of
the page and b) authored by the foundation, not the project.

> "These are the views of one Apache project, and do not represent the views of the Apache
Software Foundation. For more information on how the foundation works, and why one project
may have a contrary opinion, see <link to foundation pages>. "