www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice GPL FUD
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 17:15:28 GMT
On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. <geir@pobox.com> wrote:
> why not just ask the project to remove?

I suspect we don't want to set the precedent for a 3rd party's ability
to willfully misrepresent the contents and ownership of an Apache
project's page and by doing so generate mental unrest for an ASF
officer, which is then most easily relieved by censoring a project's
website.   In otherwords, if it does not harm the Foundation, and is
not against any policy, and is not an imminent threat to
infrastructure, then we should tread lightly.

But I could be wrong on that.

-Rob