www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "amareshwarisr ." <amareshw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CDDL + GPL license
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 05:09:29 GMT
Thanks Marvin. The detailed feedback provided not just improved LICENSE and
NOTICE of the project, but got to learn a lot with respect to how to update
them.

For source release :

For changes in license suggested, I have a question that how is it
conveyed that the source files that are missing license headers are
fine?

I see the following in http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html,

Why is a licensing header necessary?

License headers allow someone examining the file to know the terms for the
work, even when it is distributed without the rest of the distribution.
Without a licensing notice, it must be assumed that the author has reserved
all rights, including the right to copy, modify, and redistribute.
So, how do we convey that the files with missing headers are actually with
Apache license. I could not get an answer from the page
http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

Will do following changes in source release :

   - Remove entries in LICENSE file which are ALV2
   - Remove copyright notice from NOTICE file for MIT licenses.

For Binary distribution :

Will do following changes along with both the above:

   - Fix typo for For org.hsqldb,

For MIT and BSD notice, Full text of license and copyright is already part
of top level LICENSE and a web link is provided in NOTICE file.

And Yes, I confirm that licensing documentation actually matches the
bundled content, etc

Thanks
Amareshwari