www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Spam (9.331):Re: OpenOffice GPL FUD
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 20:07:14 GMT
It's good to know that this is being discussed on dev@... I am only
subscribed to private@

> On Feb 19, 2015, at 3:03 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
>
> I don't know what transpired previously on private@ oo.a.o and I won't be quoting from
anything there elsewhere after being spanked about something not quite like that at another
time.

> I do want to point out that the current reanimation of this thread has led to discussion
at dev@ oo.a.o, where it seems valuable to have, despite the tendency for repetition of positions,
but louder, and folks declaring their finding it valuable.

> There are some complications concerning outright removal.  (There are a number of internationalized
versions of the page.)  The easiest thing to do is take the link to it off the left sidebar
which is the only pointer to it.  I must suggest this on dev@.

> On the page itself, which might linger to avoid broken links, I think Henry Yandell's
suggestion might be useful, sort of one of those Wikipedia banners that says this isn't quite
right and an improvement is being sought.

> - Dennis

of the page and b) authored by the foundation, not the project.

>> "These are the views of one Apache project, and do not represent the views of the
Apache Software Foundation. For more information on how the foundation works, and why one
project may have a contrary opinion, see <link to foundation pages>. "