www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CCLA executed (Follow-Up)
Date Thu, 01 Jan 2015 20:31:04 GMT
Ms. Williams,

I must emphasize that, from an Apache Software Foundation standpoint,
there is _no such thing_ as an 'Onyx Consulting Services'
contribution. Companies do not earn merit at Apache, and they do not
receive rights as contributors.  Only individuals. The only corporate
role in this entire process is to grant IP rights. The government's
grant covers the historical development of NiFi, and your CCLA covers
potential future contributions of your staff.

As Joe has indicated, we are all prepared to move very rapidly to add
_individuals_ to the project if those _individuals_ step forward and
indicate a desire to contribute. After reviewing the history of the
NiFi proposal, I have checked with other people on the Foundation, and
we all agree that there was an unusually short window during which
people could add themselves to the proposal. Therefore, we all support
Joe's offer to rapidly pull in contributors who might have simply
missed the boat.

So, to reiterate what Joe wrote: any individual who has history with
the development of NiFi who steps forward and volunteers will be
considered without any other contribution.

I would also cordially invite you to stand down the legal aspect of
this matter and drop your and Apache's legal contacts from this
friendly discussion.

--Benson Margulies