www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Legal question to include code like com.sun.tools.javac.Main
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2015 04:51:22 GMT
That's the BSD license, which is listed here:
http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a (and indicates the
source/binary under that license can be included in Apache products).

Despite being a common license, it's always a little hard for someone new
to Open Source licensing to recognize as it often doesn't say 'BSD'. See
this link for the format of the license:
http://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause As you can see, you replace
bits when you use it, thus all the uses of the BSD licenses look a little
bit different.

Hen