www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Legal question to include code like com.sun.tools.javac.Main
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 07:43:14 GMT
I believe you have two options on the licensing for tools.jar.

1) Binary Compatibility License.
2) GPLv2 w/ Classpath Exception (assuming it's in OpenJDK).

Both are on the http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x list -
"Which licenses may NOT be included within Apache products?".

So that suggests not okay (Apache policy wise) to include in Hama.

Hen