www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Legal question to include code like com.sun.tools.javac.Main
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 10:34:37 GMT
A better alternative would be to use the Eclipse compiler, which you
can easily add to your distribution as a jar file (or set of jar
files). Like Apache Tomcat does.

By doing so, you would also enable to use a simple JRE for running
Hama, rather than depending on a full blown JDK. Not to mention other
advantages, like independence of a particular Java version.

Jochen

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 10:45 AM, Chia-Hung Lin <clin4j@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a naive question regarding to include the methods like
> Main.compile in com.sun package in the project source code.
>
> For instance, in our project like hama if there is a source file that
> makes use of com.sun.tools.javac.Main to runtime compile java sources
> into classes. Is it legal to release or include that source with
> project?
>
> Thanks

Our time is just a point along a line that runs forever with no end.
(Al Stewart, Lord Grenville)