www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "amareshwarisr ." <amareshw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CDDL + GPL license
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2015 16:17:39 GMT
Thank you all for the quick responses.

Here is what i understand, please correct me if I'm wrong.

For source distribution- LICENSE and NOTICE will contain only Apache
License and nothing else.

For convenience binary distribution, top level LICENSE file can contain
Apache License, and NOTICE file must contain dependency dual licensing
information with a web link.

Ross, I'm assuming when a dependency is available under dual license and
one of them is compatible with apache license, then it is an acceptable
distribution. I did not see anything mentioned about dual license in
http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html . Let me know if the assumption
is correct.

Got the answer for my question regarding how include to dual license
information in NOTICE file got answered.

Thanks
Amareshwari