www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: CCLA executed (Follow-Up)
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2015 03:57:18 GMT
Dang! Our emails have crossed :-(

On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 7:34 PM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)
<Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Apache addresses only..
>
> Ms. Williams has asked to speak with me about this matter. I'm setting up the meeting.

I would appreciate being invited. Thanks!

> I don't believe this is a legal issue, if it starts to sound like one then I will defer
to Jim as VP Legal.

Makes two of us. I explicitly asked her whether she was concerned about
the status of CCLA/ICLA -- the answer was an explicit no. That only
leaves SGA to be considered. Everything else is not legal, but a sort
of a PR issue.

> Can someone please explain to me why Ms. Williams says:
>
> " but after I raised questions about how her  contributions would affect our current
contract and contract renewal  she was excluded from further participation in the Apache NiFi
 Incubator Project."

> Specifically, what does she mean "excluded from further participation"?

See how I addressed it in my latest reply to here. Specifically the following
para:
> This individual was identified by Joe as one of the small core members of the
> Apache NiFi Team. This individual contributed from December 2013-September
> 2014,

By the way, lets be crystal clear here: during  December 2013-September 2014
there was absolutely NO such thing as Apache NiFi project. There was a software
project developed by/for the companies listed on the Incubator proposal. We here
at ASF fully trust that all the contracts were in place to give one
entity (the one which
submitted SGA) sufficient legal rights to that code base. That legal
authority over
the entire codebase makes the question of individual contributions completely
moot.