www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: CCLA executed (Follow-Up)
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2015 04:28:06 GMT
On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 8:16 PM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)
<Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Roman,
>
> Let me speak to her one on one. I only got involved because she was escalating in every
direction. Remember,
> as President I have no real authority in this matter but this is not something she understands
since it is unusual
> and certainly not what her own title of "President/CEO" means. As a Director I have some
authority, but I doubt
> the 8 other directors (not to mention the Membership) would take kindly to me meddling
in the VP Incubators
> business without good reason, so I will have no opinion as a Director either.
>

> My goal is simply to stop the escalation in its tracks while also giving her a chance
to explain precisely what her
> concern is. At the end of the call I will simply be referring it back to the right people
(most likely IPMC).

Sure. Makes sense.

> If I have you in the call then it will be a very different conversation to the one I
want to have since you are the
> one with the authority to take action here (though I hope you would defer to the mentors
and PPMC members).
> That being said, if you really feel it is necessary to join I have no objection and will
ensure you get an invite,
> just be aware of my objectives as stated above.

No I think you're right. Lets see if you meeting with here would resolve it.

> Finally, I don't think your reply below answers my question. What I'm trying to understand
> is *who* did the excluding that Ms. Williams refers to.

The question doesn't make sense, since it references a non-existent
(at the time)
entity: Apache NiFi. If we were to re-state her question in such a way that it
does make sense then if would be about exclusion of somebody from participating
in a non-ASF collaboration. From what she said so far -- there was a contract
re-negotiation and it is NOT clear which side ultimately pushed for dropping the
individual from collaboration. It must have been, of course, approved by an
officer of their company.

Thanks,
Roman.