www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: CCLA executed (Follow-Up)
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2015 04:31:36 GMT
On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 8:18 PM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:
> From what I can gather company's management instructed her to refrain from
> any further participation as the group formed.  Excluded, I think, means by
> her CEO.
>
> The easy remedy if this person has made significant an ongoing contributions
> is to just make her a committer.  That is up to Nifi to do or not.

Which reminds me: if all she's after is PR, there's plenty of PR to be had
without overstepping the ASF policies. A recently IPOed company in
a bigdata space is a prime example of that. See the call-out on the right
on every single page like this one:
   http://hortonworks.com/hadoop/tez/

Perhaps the same approach could be suggested here as well.

Thanks,
Roman.