www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: CCLA executed (Follow-Up)
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2015 05:48:24 GMT
That was my reading too. I just want to make sure this is the case

As for the individual in question it is my understanding she has already received an invitation
to become a committer. This is, of course, independent of the requests from her former employer.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: Ted Dunning<mailto:ted.dunning@gmail.com>
Sent: ‎1/‎1/‎2015 8:20 PM
To: private@incubator.apache.org<mailto:private@incubator.apache.org>
Cc: legal-discuss@apache.org<mailto:legal-discuss@apache.org>; Benson Margulies<mailto:bimargulies@gmail.com>;
secretary<mailto:secretary@apache.org>; private@nifi.incubator.apache.org<mailto:private@nifi.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: CCLA executed (Follow-Up)

On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 7:34 PM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) <Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com<mailto:Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com>>
wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why Ms. Williams says:

" but after I raised questions about how her  contributions would affect our current contract
and contract renewal  she was excluded from further participation in the Apache NiFi  Incubator
Project."

Specifically, what does she mean "excluded from further participation"?

>From what I can gather company's management instructed her to refrain from any further
participation as the group formed.  Excluded, I think, means by her CEO.

The easy remedy if this person has made significant an ongoing contributions is to just make
her a committer.  That is up to Nifi to do or not.