www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: CCLA executed (Follow-Up)
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2015 04:16:18 GMT

From: shaposhnik@gmail.com [mailto:shaposhnik@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Roman Shaposhnik
Sent: Thursday, January 1, 2015 7:57 PM
To: private@incubator.apache.org
Cc: legal-discuss@apache.org; Benson Margulies; secretary; private@nifi.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: CCLA executed (Follow-Up)

Dang! Our emails have crossed :-(

On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 7:34 PM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) <Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Apache addresses only..
>
> Ms. Williams has asked to speak with me about this matter. I'm setting up the meeting.

I would appreciate being invited. Thanks!

> I don't believe this is a legal issue, if it starts to sound like one then I will defer
to Jim as VP Legal.

Makes two of us. I explicitly asked her whether she was concerned about the status of CCLA/ICLA
-- the answer was an explicit no. That only leaves SGA to be considered. Everything else is
not legal, but a sort of a PR issue.

> Can someone please explain to me why Ms. Williams says:
>
> " but after I raised questions about how her  contributions would affect our current
contract and contract renewal  she was excluded from further participation in the Apache NiFi
 Incubator Project."

> Specifically, what does she mean "excluded from further participation"?

See how I addressed it in my latest reply to here. Specifically the following
para:
> This individual was identified by Joe as one of the small core members
> of the Apache NiFi Team. This individual contributed from December
> 2013-September 2014,

By the way, lets be crystal clear here: during  December 2013-September 2014 there was absolutely
NO such thing as Apache NiFi project. There was a software project developed by/for the companies
listed on the Incubator proposal. We here at ASF fully trust that all the contracts were in
place to give one entity (the one which submitted SGA) sufficient legal rights to that code
base. That legal authority over the entire codebase makes the question of individual contributions
completely moot.

> but after I raised questions about how her contributions would affect
> our current contract and contract renewal she was excluded from
> further participation in the Apache NiFi Incubator Project. Due to her
> exclusion she then became frustrated and resigned. I have attached her resignation to
support this claim.