www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CCLA executed (Follow-Up)
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2015 04:44:24 GMT

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 1, 2015, at 20:31, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org> wrote:

>> On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 8:18 PM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:
>> From what I can gather company's management instructed her to refrain from
>> any further participation as the group formed.  Excluded, I think, means by
>> her CEO.
>>
>> The easy remedy if this person has made significant an ongoing contributions
>> is to just make her a committer.  That is up to Nifi to do or not.
>
> Which reminds me: if all she's after is PR, there's plenty of PR to be had
> without overstepping the ASF policies

I didn't get that impression.

Remember that there are two people in this who qualify for the same pronoun.

I think that the employee was unhappy about being excluded from a (non apache) project that
he had been involved with for years.  The CEO was not clear how the ccla would affect her
company and put the brakes on involvement.

This really sounds like a pretty common corporate internal communication issue.