From: Henri Yandell <bayard@apache.org>
Date: Sunday, November 30, 2014 at 6:29 PM
To: ASF Legal Discuss <legal-discuss@apache.org>, Lawrence Rosen <lrosen@rosenlaw.com>
Subject: Re: Wikipedia Content

I said 'strong' because the GPL also identifies separate & independent works as not being derived/adaptions. They seem akin in their copyleftness.

From the original mail:

"Apache Flex wants to copy content from that page and display it in an app."

Baking the content in an application did not, without more information, sound like a separate & independent work to me. i.e it doesn't sound like a collection in the final product.

Hen