www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Integration of a donated code vs third parties licenses
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2014 08:40:32 GMT
Hi guys,

we are in the process of doing som IP clearance on a donated code. This
code is depending on some a third party lib which license is not
guaranteed to be compatible with AL 2.0 license (although I'm not sure
about this).

The thing is that we *will* get rid of this third party library, and
replace it with an existing ASF lib, and this is a 95% work done as of
today.

My question is more about the code inclusion in The ASF repository :
could we consider that we can inject the code into our repo, even if the
removal of this lib is not already done, allowing the committers to help
completing this task ? My understanding is that the big no-no is about
the release of any source, not the injection of code in the repository,
am I correct ?

Thanks !