www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hunspell Dictionary Usage
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 04:55:48 GMT
Well... that's not what I intended. You can package things in whatever sets
make sense for the user. If you want just a spell-checker package, then
that is fine. You just can't produce something that requires Category X
(whether build or run time). If the user *choose* to add that to the
installation, then fine. If a downstream packager chooses to bundle, then
fine. But the original packages from the ASF cannot have such a dependency.

Justin: to answer your question: I would expect the English spell-checker
to be available under ASF/permissive licensing. The primary language of the
product community is English, and so I would expect that to be available.
If not... then it doesn't seem like a permissively-licensed project.

Cheers,
-g