www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: ASF Terms and Conditions
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 15:57:54 GMT
Hi Pierre,

Apache is a public charity foundation. Please read and understand this: http://www.apache.org/foundation/faq.html

Apache projects generally operate in the open, with open mail lists, open code bases, open
discussions.

Apache generally takes contributions made willingly and wittingly. In order to contribute
to Apache projects, an individual contributor license agreement is solicited: http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

The information on this form is confidential and only accessible to officers of the foundation
and not disclosed to third parties.

If you have specific questions after reading the above, please let us know.

Regards,

Craig

On Jul 9, 2014, at 12:36 AM, Pierre Smits wrote:

> But I also didn't find any statements by the Apache Foundation how it deals with the
personal information provided by its contributors, subcontractors, etc, nor a policy document
how its projects should act.

> As the Apache Foundation is the legal representative, it seems to be that there should
be some documents regarding this.

> Pierre Smits
>
> ORRTIZ.COM
> Services & Solutions for Cloud-
> Based Manufacturing, Professional
> Services and Retail & Trade
> http://www.orrtiz.com
>

> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 9:24 AM, Pierre Smits <pierre.smits@gmail.com> wrote:
> 20500 postings (as the search produced this morning).
>

> Pierre Smits
>
> ORRTIZ.COM
> Services & Solutions for Cloud-
> Based Manufacturing, Professional
> Services and Retail & Trade
> http://www.orrtiz.com
>

> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 5:26 AM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
> A number of projects have privacy policies posted on their sites. A web search for "apache.org"
and privacy should give you a number of hits.

> I'm not aware of any foundation-wide statements.
>
> --kevan
>

> On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 3:06 AM, Pierre Smits <pierre.smits@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> What are the Terms and Conditions of the ASF with respect of usage of cookies and how
it handles the (private) information provided by the thousands of contributors in the projects
under its governance and resposibility?

> I did a search on site pages of the Foundation, but couldn't find anything thereabout.
>
> Regards,
>
> Pierre Smits
>
> ORRTIZ.COM
> Services & Solutions for Cloud-