www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuous release review
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 13:22:47 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 5:17 AM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> IMO, r-t-c and c-t-r process are different. I'm not sure that Jukka is
> accurate when he writes that r-t-c type project will be validated
> because each commit has been validated, unless each review is following
> the same process that a release itself (ie, voting a commit would be
> like voting a release. Not sure it's the case).

Just to avoid misunderstandings, here's what I said about that
example: "a strict RTC policy where each commit is reviewed and voted
on not just for its technical content but also as if a new release was
cut from that point"

That might seem pretty draconian, but would actually be not that much
effort for projects that already have strict RTC rules for maintenance
branches. Such a project could fairly easily adopt the outlined
"continuous release review" process for patch releases cut from
maintenance branches, and stick with the traditional release process
for bigger releases.

BR,

Jukka Zitting