www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bundling an AL Font
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 16:28:42 GMT
On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 11:48 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

> OK, so binaries are an undocumented special case and we don't proceed via
> the "normal process"?

No. I believe http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html and
http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers describe the "normal
process". And I believe that my instructions are in-line with their
contents.

>  I'm ok with doing something a particular way because some other project
> is doing it that way, but I'd feel better if it was documented somewhere.
>  Henri's was slightly different.
>
>  Still curious, why does the original quote only apply to checking
> something into SVN?

I think that quote is potentially dated and is not targeted towards
inclusion of ALV2 licensed source/artifacts.

> These TTF files are checked into Git and were checked into SVN before we
> moved to Git.   Should we have changed the NOTICE in that case?  And if so,
> why then would that change to NOTICE not get applied to the source package?

I'm not sure I'm following that... Git or SVN makes no difference. My
reference to SVN is as the canonical source code control repository for the
ASF. Anyway, IMO, you don't need to do anything to your NOTICE file.

--kevan