www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: transitive 3rd party dependencies
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2014 20:43:06 GMT
On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 1:03 PM, Christian Müller <
christian.mueller@gmail.com> wrote:

> One of our artifacts (camel-infinispan) has a dependency
> to infinispan-core (ASL 2.0) which has a dependency to jboss-marshalling
> (GNU LGPL). This means:
> - If you build the Camel release, it will download the prohibited jar via
> the Maven dependency resolution (is this a "deliberate action"?).

Maybe I should have called it an "informed action". I would not call this
an informed action. However, the fact that maven downloads the jar is not a
problem.

- You can compile the camel-infinispan component without the need of the
> prohibited jar.
> - You cannot execute the camel-infinispan junit tests without the
> prohibited jar.
> - You cannot use the camel-infinispan component without the prohibited jar.

OK. So, this is true, even if I build camel-infinispan myself? Do you
provide instructions to your users on how they can get camel-infinispan
working? If so, what are they?