www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clarification about D&O insurance and bad acts
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 09:53:40 GMT
On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 7:25 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> ...We have these policies in place because over the last ~19 years
> (including pre-ASF days), they have proven to work...

The world of IT has changed in 19 years, including the tools that we
use and the nature and shape of the software that we release.

While the root invariants of how we release software don't need to
change, the *process* that we use to release can certainly be adapted
to modern tools and practices like continuous integration, very
frequent releases of very small modules, etc.

This requires going back to what the invariants that govern releases
actually are, as opposed to fighting on the details of the actual
release processes.

I have suggested a list of those invariants elsethread, at
http://markmail.org/message/lal5ouukuoi5jvik

-Bertrand