www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Asking on users@ for release candidate testers
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 12:03:11 GMT
Hi,

please don't get me wrong, but the suggested answers here do bring a
tremendous overhead which is not needed.

As far as I understand, dev@ is the list where the request to test rc
artefacts should be sent to. The dev@ list is intended to do all the work
on development and so is to test rc candidates. Imho there is no need to
introduce more ml's. The risk that developers are kept away to help or test
rc's is out of my experience high.

I would like to understand why it could be problematic to distribute rc
artefacts from ASF hardware. Or did I misunderstand that point in the
discussion above?

Furthermore I would like to understand better, why people could be scared
by a dev@ list? Who is 'people' here :) ?

Again, maybe I do miss some important points. If so, I would be happy to
understand it better :). Otherwise I suggest to send the rc artefacts to
dev@ and ask for testing.

Cheers

Andy