www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Asking on users@ for release candidate testers
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 07:59:37 GMT
I suppose your considerations are because of this:

"Do not include any links on the project website that might encourage
non-developers to download and use nightly builds, snapshots, release
candidates, or any other similar package."

I think this is still correct because testing a release candidate requires
most likely to compile the software. This is indeed dev@ related and users
might be overwhelmed. On the other hand, if you have binaries, why not let
users test them. I am not aware what artefacts you have in the Flex project.

Btw - is this a topic for legal@ ? I am just curious ...

Cheers

Andy