www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Continuous release review
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2014 19:29:41 GMT
On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 4:40 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> On May 30, 2014, at 1:51 AM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:

>> If I set up CI and it runs extended tests for an RC on 10 different platforms
>> I don't have and I pore over the logs and doublecheck the checksums... I'd
>> like to think most people would see that as "engaged" and "responsible".
>
> Of course... I was simply turning the argument around as it were.

But apparently such a vote is unacceptable to you nonetheless, because the
requirement to build and test each RC manually is sacrosanct -- no matter how
effectively the social aspect is satisfied through other means.

I think that's unreasonable.  I have other priorities now, but at some point
in the future, I'll submit a patch.

Marvin Humphrey