www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Asking on users@ for release candidate testers
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 14:12:40 GMT
Andrea's answer struck a better cord with me: namely if the project's PMC
says that their testers are on users@ and their user community understands
test artifacts... all is good.

The reason I suggested an additional list is that users may want to help
testing, but don't want the noise of the dev mailing list... or at least
fear the noise of a dev@ list. If they are signing up to a ML that is
specifically for people testing RCs then they know that only emails
relevant to that purpose *should* be served on that ML.

But at the end of the day, each individual PMC knows its community best, as
long as the only "public" artifacts published from ASF hardware are
official releases then it should not matter... the question is when does a
link become public.

Certainly once it hits the announce@ ML the link is public... whether or if
the users@ list is considered public sounds like a PMC decision per project