www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuous release review
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2014 20:53:15 GMT
Le 01/06/2014 21:29, Marvin Humphrey a écrit :
> On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 4:40 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
>> On May 30, 2014, at 1:51 AM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
>>> If I set up CI and it runs extended tests for an RC on 10 different platforms
>>> I don't have and I pore over the logs and doublecheck the checksums... I'd
>>> like to think most people would see that as "engaged" and "responsible".
>> Of course... I was simply turning the argument around as it were.
> But apparently such a vote is unacceptable to you nonetheless,

We can still start a vote. Jim has one vote, and he may cast a -1. This
is how a democracy works, isn't it ?

Now, there are many ways that a vote can be invalidated, for instance if
it break the bylaws.

But IMHO, we are far from a vote, just because the best possible action
at this point is to build consensus...