www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Bundling an AL Font
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2014 23:58:24 GMT
HI,

> Not necessarily. An ASF project NOTICE can include additionall attributions.

For simplicity sake I was assuming that no NOTICE file exist the 3rd party code.

> Once you have established the LICENSE (and NOTICE if any) that apply
> to the 3rd party code, the normal process applies.

So where does the copyright attribution go?

To put in context the current situation with the fonts is that we have binary files (the font
files) in a release that there no clear indication what the license is or where they come
from). You can assume that they are Apache licensed (as no other license is indicated) but
anyone reviewing the release may want to know more information, like where they come from
and the original copyright owner may want attribution and/or it may be legally required.

Thanks,
Justin