Also..

https://github.com/apache/httpd/releases

On May 23, 2014 10:36 AM, "Jim Jagielski" <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
Look at the license. The license applies to the work.
Is a file in a vcs somewhere a "work"? For some entities,
like various Github projects, which muddy the whole
concepts around release, distribution, etc... then
the simply placement of a file on a public repo may
be enough, for the owner/holder, to comprise a "release"
in sufficient amount to have the license apply.