www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Continuous release review
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 18:01:19 GMT
Aren't you distorting what Alex is asking by selective quotation?  My understanding of Alex's
proposed release process is roughly:

- "release" will involve more than one release candidate, RC1….RCn
- Process from RC1 to acceptable RCn will take >= 72 hours and require 3+ affirmative votes
and more + than -
- Each RCi will get at least 24 hour consideration before being accepted as the final release
(RCi may be replaced by RCi+1 in less than 24 hours)
- Requests for more time for a particular RCi will be honored

I think you are focusing on item 3 and ignoring item 2.  I personally don't have a problem
with what Alex is proposing as an option for projects that want to follow this.  I'd expect
that if there are contributors that object the PMC wouldn't adopt it.

thanks
david jencks