www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Continuous release review
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 18:40:34 GMT

On 5/30/14 11:30 AM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> Apache Flex (I cannot speak about Cordova since I am not a member of
>>their
>> community) has key PMC members in Europe and our most prolific bug-fixer
>> is actually in Australia.
>
>When this topic has come up before on the Flex dev list some of the
>suggestions were the opposite ie. 72 hours wasn't enough time to review
>the release and not putting the the vote out over a weekend.
And we have waited when folks asked for more time.  And for early RCs,
with lots of code changes, I'd go with at least 24 hours to at least let
folks as for more time.  Then we know who we're waiting for instead of
watching the clock tick wondering if we'll get any other votes.  And I'd
add more time if the vote wraps a weekend or known holidays where key
folks are.   But for later RCs, I'm pretty sure  a study will show that
Flex gets way more useful info in the 72 hours after we announce the
release than we do waiting the 72 hours to close the vote.

-Alex