www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Release Policy
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 19:07:51 GMT

On 5/23/14 12:00 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> As soon as three folks vote +1 and there are not more -1's, another tool
>> is run to push it to the release server.
>>
>> Would this meet requirements and be acceptable?
>
>IMO you need some time for people to look and vote -1, just because you
>got got 3 +1 doesn't mean it is a release. I can think of several cases
>where a later -1 vote has pointed out a serious bug or issue that 3
>previous +1 didn't find.
I can only think of one important issue found after we got 3 +1s and it
was from me and I'd already sent a warning on the discuss thread.  But I
can certainly think of more important issues found after we closed the
vote and shipped the release and folks started using it.  IMO, I'd rather
ship more often.  In this next 4.12.2 release, so little has changed that
waiting for 72 hours for each RC just doesn't make sense to me.

-Alex