www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Clarification about D&O insurance and bad acts
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 19:59:28 GMT
Brian, you are absolutely correct. However, SVN is not the release and so
having reviewed commits is not the same as having reviewed the release. In
a well run project where people are reviewing code commits there should be
no problem. But people make errors and you would be surprised how often
those errors slip through.

Furthermore, since I (as a committer) cannot guarantee that I reviewed
every change to every file between release a and release b I cannot, as a
PMC member, be certain that the necessary files are present and correct. If
I were to vote +1 without having reviewed the release then my vote would be
worthless when it comes to demonstrating that our policy has been followed
for that release.

Ross