www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: Release Policy
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 21:20:45 GMT
Actually, no that doesn't clear it up. To me that says, the PMC exists to
thwart individual liability. Fair enough. A PMC initiated robot that
presses a button to launch a release on ./dist should suffice then.

The earlier statement made here:

""But the point already got covered and answered dozens of times imo. The
answer is that the ALv2 protects the foundation and also the release
manager already for all bona fides cases. End of story.""

…seems to contradict that is even necessary.

Sorry I'm not trying to be difficult (REALLY!) but this is very unclear,
and obviously it is very crucially important to be clear. The purpose of
the thread and initiative for clarity.