www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Release Policy
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 18:18:39 GMT

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
> imo we should keep the 72h as mandatory .

The 72 hour voting window being a strong recommendation ("SHOULD")
rather than a hard requirement ("MUST") is not a policy change. That
there is confusion on this point underscores the urgency of codifying
the policy.

Background: http://markmail.org/message/ogkhiwwhjwnwhnjc

Projects considering disregarding the recommendation to use a 72 hour
window would be well-advised to consult with the Board in advance
about the issues covered in that thread, and to keep the Board in the
loop via quarterly reports.

Again: The goal of this initiative is only to clarify policy, NOT TO CHANGE IT.

Marvin Humphrey