www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Continuous release review
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 15:47:37 GMT

On May 29, 2014, at 11:28 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 29/05/2014 15:56, Jim Jagielski a écrit :
>> I disagree. And until the policy is changed, PMCs and
>> RMs are expected and *required* to comply.
>
> Yes, but actually, most f the PMCs and RMs *aren't* Like it or not.

> And, yes, it's probably a good idea to fix the policy if it can't be
> enforced.

To be clear: If it is found out that there are "releases" out
there that really aren't releases, the board will tell the
PMC to:

  1: Remove those releases immediately.
  2: Re-release those "releases" as real releases
     by complying w/ the release policy (basically,
     taking those "releases" and doing the required
     vetting and voting).

The board can, and will, also remove a PMCs ability
to "release" stuff if it refuses to comply with the
release policy. So it can be enforced. It is being
enforced. It will be enforced.

AND All PMC chairs are expected to take this seriously.