www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuous release review
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 15:28:18 GMT
Le 29/05/2014 15:56, Jim Jagielski a écrit :
> I disagree. And until the policy is changed, PMCs and
> RMs are expected and *required* to comply.

Yes, but actually, most f the PMCs and RMs *aren't* Like it or not.

Many times, shoudl I say most of the time, I saw that *if* I do check
for a new release I didn't cut, then almost nobody has chekced anything.
They are just expecting that everything has already been double checked
either by the RM or by another PMC member.

So, yeah, I agree with you, the check must be done. But facing reality,
I do think that a validated automatic process run by a CI is
asymptotically closer to 100% better than what we do now.

And, yes, it's probably a good idea to fix the policy if it can't be
enforced.

PS/ I'm *not* pleased by the fact that people aren't checking the
release, btw. And in absence of a CI, I do have my own scripts on my
machine to do that on the few projects I'm working on. Strange enough,
those scripts could perfectly well be ran by a CI, on my machine. Now,
how different is it to what Jukka is proposing ?