www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release Policy
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 19:46:05 GMT
On 23/05/2014 Brian LeRoux wrote:
> Furthermore some projects such as OpenOffice mentioned
> earlier do not follow the policy.

OpenOffice does follow the policy. The only "special" thing OpenOffice
did is to advertise development snapshots towards version 4.1 (these are
NOT releases! we conduct formal votes on ALL releases, including beta
releases!) outside the dev mailing list since we have a dedicated QA
mailing lists and a testers community that does not coincide with our
developers. And this was discussed in advance with both the board and
the infrastructure lists.

So, if someone has understood that OpenOffice does not follow the
release policy, it was my mistake since I wasn't clear. OpenOffice does
follow the policy 100% and we even clarified doubts on the appropriate
lists.

Regards,
   Andrea.