www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Release Policy
Date Thu, 22 May 2014 22:05:25 GMT
On 5/22/14 5:27 PM, Joseph Schaefer wrote:
> Mark Struberg is an army of one when it comes to release policy.
> Frankly the custodians of the policy are not subscribed to this list
> so I'm puzzled as to why it's being kicked around here.]

Well, while there are a number of groups of individuals on various lists
who obviously have key input to any changes - even just better wording
like Marvin is most excellently presenting - but fundamentally release
policy changes need to be signed off by VP, Legal or by President; i.e.
by an officer of the corporation who oversees our legal policies.  Thus,
this *is* the right list to drive to consensus, unless VP, Legal has a
specific question they need to ask counsel on *-internal@

This is corporate policy.  Compliance is mandatory for any Apache
project - producing software product releases is our organization's
primary mission.  Obviously, we have significant work to do in ensuring
the policy is both clear enough to use, and with working with projects
to ensure they comply (once we can present it clearly enough!), so this
process will take some time.  But the final answer is not going to be a
few people's IMO - it's going to be signed off by an officer of the ASF.

- Shane