www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using content from StackOverflow
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 04:45:44 GMT
Mohammad Noureldin wrote:
> Hi
>
>    Here is my draft:
>
> "Qn: Can an Apache project use content from non ASF sources (forums,
> mailing lists, etc...)?"
>
> "Ans: It totally depends on the source from which the content will be
> taken. If the content is taken from sources (forums, mailing lists,
> blogs, online books, general websites, etc...) is under a license that
> is not compliant with the Apache License, in that case you need to get
> clearance about that from the owners of that content, that is make
> sure that they are willing to give you the content under the Apache
> License or one of the "Category A: Authorized Licenses" (the quoted
> text should appear as a link to:
> https://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html).

That reference is incorrect.
Please see the statement at the top of that page.

If you know of any place that still refers to that
misleading information, then please add an Issue
so that it can be rectified.

Please read the proper reference carefully, and in conjunction
with the Individual Contributor License Agreement (ICLA).

-David