www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Release Policy
Date Thu, 22 May 2014 20:23:13 GMT
again: you need to distinguish between project developers, tool-users and 'end-users'

of course, for 'end-users' it makes not much sense to use snapshots. But there is also a huge
difference between the people reading the openwebbeans user list and the OpenOffice user list.
It's often just not convenient for bigger projects to tell people to go build it themselfs.

In most of the projects I'm involved in (about a dozen) we let Jenkins deploy nightly builds
to our public Apache snapshots repo [1]. And this repo IS public...

I really see no problem with this.

LieGrue,
strub

[1] https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/