www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Lawrence Rosen" <lro...@rosenlaw.com>
Subject RE: Release Policy
Date Sat, 24 May 2014 19:37:36 GMT
[Wherever this thread is moved, please consider this.]

Editing a draft policy through email in this way is very confusing.

A few days ago I copied Marvin's original proposal to Google Docs and made
some easy changes and comments. Why don't we try using a tool like that to
edit this policy? You can do the same....

See
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qpiqdgw2PxAZPMS32I-Y2KR1m-6bIXaOlpMPlcYz
vek/edit?usp=sharing. I've shared this document with everyone who receives
this link. Marvin or someone else should probably create his own master
copy, but otherwise edit away!

/Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Struberg [mailto:struberg@yahoo.de]
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2014 7:09 AM
To: legal-discuss@apache.org
Subject: Re: Release Policy

Plus I think Ross meant to thank Marvin for pushing the release policy
clarifcations.
I'd like to second that!

Imo the following points are not yet clear

* what does 'release' mean in the proposal.
 + are there different 'release' terms in the proposal?

* is the 72h a MUST or SHOULD.

* are we allowed to do snapshot builds for the public?
 + do we need to do this via a special (even more) exclusion of liability?

Please add more and let's split those into own threads.

LieGrue,
strub