www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Is a Software Grant Agreement always needed for IP Clearance?
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2014 15:19:07 GMT
Hi Rob,

If you developed the code during the time the ICLA and CCLA were in effect (from February
2012) I don't see a need to file additional paperwork.

Craig

On Apr 5, 2014, at 8:08 AM, Rob Vesse wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I’m in the process of carrying out IP Clearance for some code developed outside of
the ASF that my employer (Cray) has now agreed to contribute to the Apache Jena project where
I am a committer and PMC member.

> In this case the software was developed entirely by myself though obviously Cray holds
the copyright.  I have an ICLA on file for myself and Cray filed a CCLA for me when I originally
joined the Apache Jena project as a committer and PMC member.  In this scenario is a SGA actually
needed to carry out IP Clearance of the contributed code or are the existing ICLA and CCLA
sufficient?

> Thanks,
>
> Rob Vesse

Craig L Russell