www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Mohammad Noureldin <nour.moham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using content from StackOverflow
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 17:30:47 GMT
Hi

   From what I read in this discussion I believe what Henri suggested is a
good idea

I don't think it has anything to do with using SO for users support or in
place of users mailing list or not at the end you can look at it from this
abstract PoV:
There is some content that has been posted on SO regarding one of the
Apache projects, this content might have been posted by one of that
projects commiters or others who might be active on SO when it comes to
answering questions/solving issues related to that project
What happens if the one of the commiters want to use that content back in
the project ?
The answer is provided in Henri's suggestion and it is like any other
content that the commiters may like to copy paste in their project, they
need to make sure of the licensing, or ask if they don't know, and then the
answer that Henri provided will give some help

I would actually take this question to its general case and pointing to SO
as an example