www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: LICENSE file question
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 17:39:28 GMT
On Apr 2, 2014, at 6:33 AM, Marvin Humphrey wrote:

> Intermingling source files under multiple licenses is messy and not ideal.  In
> general, Apache communities may only develop works under the Apache License.

Er, no -- we can develop works under any license.  We just have to
be able to distribute our Apache products under the Apache License.
We frequently make changes to BSD works and include those changes
under the BSD when redistributed.  We also frequently develop works
that are under non-compatible licenses if we intend to send them
upstream for some other org to distribute; autoconf stuff is one
such example.

....Roy