www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Martin Desruisseaux <martin.desruisse...@geomatys.fr>
Subject Re: Licensing: exception for allowing Apache SIS to bundle EPSG data?
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 20:15:34 GMT
Hello Hen

Thanks for your reply.

Le 15/04/14 15:48, Henri Yandell a écrit :
> It sounds like you're suggesting that any "commerciality" would relate
> to the Apache SIS code instead of to the EPSG dataset itself.

Yes. Apache SIS uses the EPSG data for performing map projections. EPSG
alone or Apache SIS alone are not sufficient for this task: we need the
dataset to feed the software for getting a complete system.
Commerciality is provided by "EPSG + Apache SIS" and there is, indeed,
companies selling similar combinations.

Note: I know the chair of EPSG dataset, so I could contact him for
clarification if we can formulate a question.

    Martin